Herend

http://www.levyjewelers.com/upload/page/page_product/1463470475svhnm-05712-0-00.jpg
SVHNM-05712-0-00

The original Herend factory was established in Hungary by Vince Stingl in 1826. The firm focused primarily on the production of stoneware, but it also experimented with various methods for producing high-quality porcelain that could compete with the porcelain imported into Europe from Asia.

In 1839 ownership of Herend was transferred to Mor Fischer. In a short period of time, Fischer successfully reproduced many of the popular patterns from the Orient. His works were recognized for their excellence at the Hungarian Art Exhibition, the Vienna Exhibition of 1845, the New York World Exhibition in 1853, and the Paris Exhibition of 1855.


Click Here to Contact us for more information